Clinic Security Cameras Benefits
Patient Protection – Surveillance cameras play a key role in helping to protect patient medical records and billing information. Medical records contain our most private information, and unfortunately, this information is often times used by identity thieves or other conniving individuals. A video security system in file rooms, lobbies, and reception area can help keep identities and patient medical records safe. Healthcare security cameras also offer double duty in keeping patients safe while in waiting areas.
Medical Supplies – Doctors depend on their medical equipment and supplies to help perform their job. Medical supplies vary from small inexpensive items such as latex gloves, tongue depressors or simple cotton swabs to very high-end equipment like ultrasound or x-ray machines. Security cameras provide protection for medical supplies and equipment and placing cameras in storerooms can help keep supplies safe.
Remote monitoring – With newer enhancements in surveillance it is now possible to remotely monitor and view your doctor’s office or practice from anywhere in the world. You can even use a Mac, PC, Android or iPhone device to do so.
Healthcare CCTV Risks
Privacy Protection – Patient and doctor privacy is extremely important and must be adhered to. The doctor and patient relationship regarding personal health is legally a private matter between both individuals and security cameras should only be installed in those public areas that will not compromise any privacy or trust issues.
Clinic Security Camera Setup Advice
- Install cameras at all exits and entrances so you may properly capture all visitors coming to the healthcare facility
- Properly install cameras in storage rooms, hallways and file rooms to ensure the safety of all medicine and medical equipment.
Improve hospital safety and security
- Restrict unwanted visitor access
- Communicate hospital-wide with public address
- Visualize and communicate with those in distress
- Safeguard hospital staff from workplace violence
- Prevent drug diversion and supply theft
- Protect infants from abduction or mix-ups
Healthcare Security Cameras & Surveillance