Drugstore Security Cameras Benefits
Customer and staff protection – Surveillance cameras near the pharmacy and covering the stock of medicine will help keep patrons and staff safe. This will help to document any illegal activity and discourage criminals from attempting a crime.
Stock – Employee and customer theft is a constant problem for pharmacies – this not only causes a major stock problem but it also helps to drive up prices. Higher prices hurt the pharmacy and consumers. CCTV cameras can help stock theft and identify perpetrators that try and steal controlled substances.
System Integration – Often times pharmacies are located inside of other larger stores (whether it be another discount store, grocery store, warehouse club, supermarket, etc). Pharmacies have the option of using their own surveillance system and even integrate their surveillance with the larger store’s security system. This can offer many advantages, the more eyes you have monitoring your pharmacy will help to reduce crimes and robberies.
HD Video – High definition video technology has made security cameras a more powerful tool than ever. With much higher resolution than typical analog cameras, new HD cameras offer detail video that helps with the prosecution and identifying criminals. New HD systems allow you to view the cameras from anywhere in the world so you can always check in with your store no matter where you may be.
Pharmacy CCTV System Risks
Customer Privacy – Anytime you talk about medical records and prescription drugs you have to consider privacy and the confidential nature of the customer. It’s imperative to respect the privacy of customers by installing security cameras away from any of those areas that may record private, sensitive or identifying information about the patients and their medicines.
Drugstore Surveillance Considerations
Pharmacies and Drugstores can easily have different security needs. Security can vary and depend on a variety of factors. We suggest that you consider the following recommendations when installing a pharmacy video surveillance system:
- Do you have a small drugstore or pharmacy that’s freestanding?
- Is your pharmacy part of a larger store?
- Do offer a walk-up counter or a drive-through pickup lane?
- Consider your biggest security threat?
- Do you currently have security in place?
- What security problems have you encountered in the past?
Pharmacy Security Cameras – Set Advice
- Install security cameras so you may monitor and record all your pharmacy customers whether at the counter, register or drive through.
- Consider installing cameras at all garbage stations, storage areas, and medical supply rooms.
- If you have a separate entry and exit doors to enter your location make sure to install cameras to record all incoming and outgoing customers.