Church Security Camera Benefits
Ease of Install – The latest in HD technology makes installations very easy. With IP network cameras you can simply one 1 wire for the video and power. Many cameras even offer WiFi capability, this allows you to install cameras in those areas that may not be convenient to wire.
Prevent theft and vandalism – Outdoor cameras installed on the church property helps to deter possible vandals or thieves.
High res images – Installing new HD security cameras at your church will provide you with high-quality resolution making it easier for you to monitor your church and see more clearly.
Check recordings anytime – Installing a DVR (digital video recorder or an NVR (network video recorder) on to your network allows you to broadcast the church’s security video footage securely over the internet. This gives you the ability to monitor your church’s video security system at any time, from anywhere in the world..
Broadcast your services – Often times church members cannot attend church because of illness or they simply are elderly and cannot travel often. Using a DVR or NVR allows your congregation to attend your services remotely. Your security camera system can broadcast your services to all your members over the internet and bring you church sermon to the homes of those who can’t attend.
Church Video Security in Risks
Theft and Vandalism – Security Cameras installed outdoors can be susceptible to vandalism or damage. Intruders, vandals or thieves try to vandalize security cameras to hide their identity before committing the crime.
Power Outages – Power outages or power surges can cause a disruption in your church video CCTV system and can even damage it. Take precautions to make sure you are well protected against power spikes or acts of GOD.
Weather damages – Strong wind, rain, storms, and other outdoor hazards can easily damage your surveillance system and stop it from recording. Make sure to use proper surveillance products designed for these environments.
Configuring your CCTV System at your House of Worship
All worship environments including, Churches, Mosques, and Synagogues will widely vary in services, size, and congregation. We suggest you consider some of these factors when installing a CCTV system in your church:
- What is the Church’s most urgent security issues?
- Has there been a time you wished had have recorded an incident on video?
- How large is your church? Do you have a single building or several buildings with offices, libraries, and classrooms?
- Have you experienced any issues with crimes such as vandalism or theft in your neighborhood?
- Do you have heavy interaction with your surrounding neighborhood?
- In the past have you had issues with theft or vandalism?
- Does the church host parties, sports leagues, weddings and youth events on premise?
Church Security Video System Advice and Setup
- Install security cameras at all open areas such as offices, lobbies, libraries, cafeterias, and classrooms.
- Install a fixed camera at the pulpit when transmitting your video over the internet to your remote members.
- Cameras installed at the parking lot will help to reduce vandalism and theft parishioner automobiles during and after services and other events.
- Consider installing cameras during special events, to help reduce and prevent theft and problems occurring.
- Properly installed outdoor cameras will help you monitor your building’s perimeter and will help reduce vandalism and theft of church property such as landscape equipment and other outdoor features.