Bar and Restaurant Security Cameras Benefits
Simple Installation – Restaurant & bar video surveillance is quick to install as well as set up. With newer HD technology bar & restaurant owners have an abundance of options to make their install go smoothly. You have options to use existing cabling to upgrade your current systems to HD-COAX or go IP HD with IP cameras with traditional networking wiring.
Theft prevention – Preventing theft is what Video surveillance is all about, and a well-installed restaurant security camera can help put an end to non paying customers and possible robberies.
Violence & Fights Recorded – We have all experienced the rowdy patron thats had one too many. Fights are common place in crowded bars, especially when watching sporting events. Bar & restaurant security cameras can prevent violence and fighting, while helping to identify the responsible parties.
Playback of Video – Newer Digital Video Security Systems broadcast video footage over the internet, this allows business owners to view your restaurant or bar at anytime from anywhere. Having a chain restaurants is not a problem with todays technology. You have the ability to check up on several locations at once without having to be in multiple places at once. Enjoy live video or playback from a PC, mac, tablet or smartphone.
The risks of Tavern and Pub CCTV Systems
Privacy Concerns – Bar & Restaurant security cameras should only be installed in public places such as bars, dining rooms, stock rooms, and kitchen areas. Never install security cameras in bathrooms or employee break rooms.
Camera Vandalism – Anytime you install cameras in public areas they are susceptible to tampering or vandalism, specifically in bars. Having a loss of video or recording due to vandalized or damaged cameras can affect your ability to prosecute or capture a crime or theft.
Power Outages – Power outages and surges can cause severe damage to your security system or even interrupt your video recording. Even though this may rarely occur, there is still a possibility of it happening. We suggest you have other security measures in place should your bar or restaurant security camera system fail.
Bar and restaurant video surveillance system considerations
Bars & restaurants have different security needs which depend on several different factors. One surveillance system installed in a particular restaurant or bar may not work for another. Here are some things you should consider when when installing your security cameras:
- Have you experienced any fights or acts of violence at your Bar or restaurant in the past?
- Have you had customer theft or non paying customers leave your premise?
- What area is the most security risk?
- What security systems have you installed in the past? Do you currently have in place?
- Is your location or neighborhood prone to theft or crime?-
- Are you a restaurant or bar, both?
- Do you experience higher traffic days due to events or daily specials?
- Consider your customer demographic.
- Do you have high foot traffic? Are you constantly busy or do you have “traffic rushes” during lunch, dinner, happy hour, etc?
- Have you dealt with employee theft (missing cash from a register, giving out free food or drinks, stealing food)?
- Consider your space. Do you currently lease a space from a larger building? Do you have a free-standing building with a parking lot?
- If you currently lease or rent space from a larger building, consider what possible security systems are offered by the building itself.
- Do your employees have full viewing access to dining areas or bar from kitchens or serving’ stations?
Restaurant Security Cameras – Setup Advice
- Install bar and restaurant security cameras in common open areas such as dining rooms to help protect customers and prevent theft.
- Consider that cameras in your kitchen and serving areas will help you monitor and record workplace safety. The cameras can also help keep your facilities up to code with municipal health inspectors.
- Always install surveillance cameras near exits and entrances in order to get an high detailed images of each and every customer and visitor as they come and go.
- Also consider installing fixed security cameras near cash registers and office safes so it may help prevent theft.