Signature Cloud Storage
The cost of Cloud storage and license fees makes Cloud storage very expensive and not feasible. With our Shadow Video Recorder (SVR), those costs are eliminated. Our Shadow Video Recorder allows you to offer redundant storage at a fraction of the costs. Unlike typical Cloud storage services SVR does not cost you anything monthly, there is no monthly cost. You also do not have to pay any license fees per camera.
How does the Shadow Video Recorder work?
The idea behind Cloud storage is that you send your video to the Cloud to have your recordings stored on a server instead of a local machine. The concept is fine, but it has flaws. If the internet goes down you lose recording and have no backup solution in place. Not to mention that cloud storage costs you a lot more considering you need higher bandwidth, pay per camera and often times, you have to pay a license fee per camera.
A Signature Shadow Video Recorder (SVR) was created to eliminate this. We designed a specific feature within our Shadow NVRs to allow full video streaming between our NVRs and Hybrid DVRs.
As an example –
Let’s say you have an NVR at your business location and you would like to protect the video and store your recordings away from your business, our Signature NVR allows you to use a second Signature Shadow Video Recorder as your cloud storage. The SVR would be specifically programmed to bring in the video stream from your local NVR to your off-site SVR.
This feature has many advantages over simple cloud storage.
What are advantages to our SVR?
- Choose how many cameras you want to backup: You can select individual cameras or all cameras to be recorded off-site on your SVR.
- You choose storage time you want: You decide the amount of storage you want. Want more storage? Add more hard disk. You only pay for the hard drives once, with no monthly cost!
- Record more on your SVR: You can actually record longer on your SVR if you choose. As an example, you can have your local NVR recording 2 weeks of video but your remote SVR can be set to record 3-6 months of video.
- Use with IPC: You have the option of also using the SVR to back up individual IP cameras including 3rd party cameras.
- Save money: You only pay for the SVR and the hard drives you want. No monthly storage fees or camera license fees.
- Redundancy: You will have a local and remote backup of your video. In the event a break-in occurs and the local NVR/DVR is damaged or stolen, you will have a redundant backup off-site.
- Hybrid support: Use our SVR with our Hybrid DVRs and our NVRs. You can mix and match our technologies to backup either platform.
- IPC SD card backup: Take advantage of our micro SD recording in our Signature IP cameras to reduce video loss. Our Signature IP cameras will record video in the camera and upload any video loss due to network loss back to the NVR. This means you will never lose video because of a network loss.
- Multiple locations: Use our SVR to record multiple locations. You can record video from several NVRS/DVRs/IPC devices from various locations. You can mix and match various locations to back up key cameras located in several cities.
How many cameras can I backup?
Our SVRs allow you to back up as many cameras as the SVR supports. If you have an 8ch SVR you can back up 8 cameras, if you have a 32ch SVR you can back up 32 cameras.
Can I only back up NVR cameras?
No, you can use the SVR to back up directly from an NVR or independent IP cameras. We support 3rd party ONVIF cameras as well and also support RTSP streams directly into our SVRs.
Can I only backup one location?
No, you can back up from several locations and from several devices. You can mix between NVRs, Hybrid DVRs and IP cameras installed at several locations. You are only limited by the number of channels you have in your SVR.
Can I see my SVR remotely?
Yes, you can use our Eclipse View cloud server to monitor both your NVRs and SVRs under the same account.
Can I backup 3rd party cameras?
Yes, our SVRs support ONVIF as well as RTSP streams so you can use our SVR to back up 3rd party cameras as well.
How do I determine how much storage I need?
Use our Guard Tool to determine how many Hard Drives you will need for your desired storage.