Taxi CCTV Camera Advantages
Driver Protection – Unfortunately, cabbies are constantly in a vulnerable position. Cab drivers have to trust that their passengers will behave accordingly during their fare. Surveillance cameras help to keep passengers from acting out or acting out of line.
Violence – Confrontations between passengers and cab drivers happen and sometimes leads to violence. Security cameras that are visible in the cab can make passengers reconsider before lashing out or acting afoul.
Robbery Prevention – Robbery attempts are part of the dangers of being a cabbie. Surveillance cameras can help prevent robbery attempts simply by being present. Would be robbers will think twice knowing their actions will be recorded.
Driver Monitoring – Truth be told, many cab drivers themselves need to be monitored. Taxicab drivers can and do get out of line. Taxicabs reduce incidents with drivers and help to ensure that they perform their duties in a professional manner.
Visual Evidence – Documenting and recording all Taxi rides helps to provide video evidence to criminal investigators in the event robberies and violent confrontations take place.
Taxicab Security Camera Considerations
We suggest you consider the following when looking for security cameras for your taxicab services:
- Do your cab drivers currently feel safe?
- Is violence a common occurrence in your taxi areas?
- Have you had reported incidents of crime, violence, and theft in the cabs?
- Does your taxi service travel into neighborhoods with high crime rates?
- Are intoxicated passengers common?
Taxi Cab Surveillance Installation
- Cameras with low-light capability should be used to also record video during night shifts.
- Both passengers and drivers should be monitored and recorded and cameras should be placed in a way that they are both well covered.
- A well-placed camera above or near the rearview mirror offers a comprehensive view of the cab’s interior
- External cameras should also be considered to record traffic accidents and monitor driving
- Consider using surveillance camera systems with built-in GPS to record and monitor your taxi cab drivers