Second Home Surveillance Benefits
Easy of Install – Todays HD security cameras are very easy to install. Many of the systems can be self-installed easily with one simple wire between your camera and digital video recorder.
Monitoring Remotely – DVRs (digital video recorders) and NVRs (network video recorders) allow you to transmit your surveillance camera video over the internet. You can use any PC, Mac, iPhone or Android device to see live video and even playback. Having the ability to check up on your property at any time, from practically anywhere in the world. New enhancements actually allow you to receive push notifications directly on your smartphone alerting you of unwanted visitors. Features such as this make it easy to secure your property no matter how far away you are.
Theft Prevention -Having prominent surveillance cameras helps to keep theft from occurring. In the event your home is burglarized, video security footage is a key way to identify the thieves.
Beach House Security Cameras Risks
Damages – Weather can cause major damage to your security cameras. Its imperative you install the proper cameras for any outdoor application
Theft and Vandalism- Cameras that are visible to potential thieves are often times easy targets. Criminals will try to damage, cover or steal the cameras in an attempt to hide the crime and their faces. Though this may be rare, we suggest that you have a backup security system in case your cameras are targeted by vandalism, stolen or damaged by thieves or vandals.
Power Outages – Power surges or electrical outages can potentially damage your security system or possibly cause video recording interruptions. There is a potential risk if your video security systems stop recording, resets or does not restart. We suggest that you take the proper measures to safeguard your security system with backup power supplies and surge protection. You may also want to have the numbers of your local authority or neighbor so they may enter your property in the event your system needs to be restarted.
Second Home Security Camera Configuration Questions
Not all vacation homes are the same. They widely vary in size, type, and location. This means that they all have different security needs. Here are some things to consider when configuring and choosing your surveillance system:
- What is your biggest security threat?
- Consider your neighborhood. Does it help to contribute to your overall security of your vacation home?
- Have neighbors or yourself had issues with past vandalism or robberies?
- Is your vacation home susceptible to break-ins?
Vacation Home CCTV Systems some Setup Advice
- All exit and entry doors should have security cameras installed nearby. This ensures that everyone who enters and exits your home is recorded.
- Consider your valuables, items such as paintings, safes, electronics and rugs should be monitored at all times with a fixed security camera placed nearby.
- The outside of your home is very important. If you have valuables( jetskis, watercraft, boats, golf clubs, skis, etc) kept on the property or your garage, install a security camera to monitor and record them. All areas where a potential thief may enter or exit should be covered as all recreational equipment can help lure thieves and make you a target.